Is a block sized park in the center of Jacksonville's downtown. Named for Confederate veteran Charles C. Hemming, who in 1898 donated to the City the Confederate monument which is the focal point of the park.
The park is surrounded by Jacksonville's City Hall, the United States Courthouse, the Museum Of Contemporary Art, the new public Main Library for Jacksonville, the former Snyder Memorial Church and various restaurants. Step inside City Hall, which is a restored department store built in 1912 and designed in the prairie style by noted local architect Henry John Klutho, and take a look at the large, sunlit atrium which dominates the interior of the structure.
The new downtown Main Library opened in 2005 and is the largest Main Library in the state of Florida. The postmodern structure was designed by noted architect Robert A.M. Stern and features a Grand Reading Room and a quiet Courtyard for outdoor reading.