New Orleans
THE LATES BUZZ AND TRENDS |WHAT TO DO NOW|CALENDAR OF EVENTS
EAT
CATEGORIES (All)

If a restaurant is not excellent in more than one way, FOOD, CONTINUITY OF CUISINE, SERVICE, ATMOSPHERE and LONGEVITY we will not include it on this page.
We reserve the rights of our selection panel to choose the appropriate establishments for our website.
Published: November  19, 2014

Clancy's

Since the beginning of the 20th Century, the building on the uptown/river corner of Annunciation and Webster has been either a Restaurant or a bar, often both, serving our uptown neighborhood.

Since the late 1940’s, it has been the home of Clancy’s Restaurant, originally owned by Ed and Betty Clancy. During their ownership Clancy’s was a neighborhood Bar and Poor Boy Restaurant similar in style to those found in nearly every New Orleans neighborhood at the time.

In 1983, with the Clancy’s having no heirs to continue the business, it was sold to a group of uptown businessmen lead by Billy Slatten, Bryan Wagner and Judge Marciel Livaudais. It was at this time that Clancy’s became the white tablecloth restaurant it is today. The restaurant that these gentlemen opened was one of the first Creole Bistros which revolutionized the New Orleans dining scene in the 1980’s and became a template for the most prevalent restaurant style in New Orleans today.

Share:


Essentials


Address :

Clancy's Restaurant 6100 Annunciation St New Orleans-Estados Unidos

Phone :

+1 504 8951111

Schedule :

Monday-Saturday 5:00 PM -10:00 PM

Payment Methods:

        

Website:

Clancy's »
Published: November  19, 2014

Clancy's

Since the beginning of the 20th Century, the building on the uptown/river corner of Annunciation and Webster has been either a Restaurant or a bar, often both, serving our uptown neighborhood.

Since the late 1940’s, it has been the home of Clancy’s Restaurant, originally owned by Ed and Betty Clancy. During their ownership Clancy’s was a neighborhood Bar and Poor Boy Restaurant similar in style to those found in nearly every New Orleans neighborhood at the time.

In 1983, with the Clancy’s having no heirs to continue the business, it was sold to a group of uptown businessmen lead by Billy Slatten, Bryan Wagner and Judge Marciel Livaudais. It was at this time that Clancy’s became the white tablecloth restaurant it is today. The restaurant that these gentlemen opened was one of the first Creole Bistros which revolutionized the New Orleans dining scene in the 1980’s and became a template for the most prevalent restaurant style in New Orleans today.