The CCBBs Rio de Janeiro occupies the historic No. 66 First Street in March, in the city center, building of neoclassical lines in the past been linked to finance and business. Its cornerstone was laid in 1880, materializing project Joaquim Francisco Bethencourt da Silva (1831-1912), architect of the Imperial House, founder of the propagator Society of Fine Arts and the School of Arts and Crafts.
Opened as headquarters of the Commercial Association of Rio de Janeiro, in 1906, its rotunda housed the floor of the Public Funds Exchange. In 1920 became part of the Bank of Brazil, who retired to opening its headquarters. This function has the emblematic building of the national financial world and would last until 1960, when it gave way to the Central Agency of
Rio de Janeiro and then to First Agency in March.